You may consider a degree in law or political management as part of your career path in the political arena. You can’t go wrong with either option, as both provide you with the intellectual insight and practical tools that can help you reach your professional goals.
Here are six good reasons for why an online master’s from the Graduate School of Political Management may be the preferred path.
- Study while you workThe GSPM curriculum was designed with the working professional in mind. Whether you’re someone who just started a new job or a veteran seeking a promotion, you can take the online courses at your own pace so they fit around your busy schedule.
- Graduate fasterObtaining a Juris Doctor typically takes no less than three years from start to finish. Each of the courses in GW’s online political management program are three credit hours in length for a total of 36. Their being equally weighted can put you on the fast track to obtaining your master’s degree in two-and-a-half years or less.
- Diversify your career optionsWhile many students at GW have gone on to successful careers in politics and public policy with a master’s in political management, the professional options are wide ranging, including lobbying, interest groups, corporate-government relations, non-profit organizations, communications and electronic media, just to name a few.
- Work in lawSome operate under the assumption that they need their J.D. to ascend the occupational ladder in the legal industry. Several of GW’s graduates can attest otherwise, as a political management degree has served them well in many different employment capacities in law firms around the country, including private practices.
- Learn from a tradition of excellenceMuch like the curriculum itself, GSPM faculty represent a broad diversity of experiences inside and outside of politics that have helped to make the GSPM world renowned, having received various recognitions and distinctions from the likes of Forbes, U.S. News & World Report and The Princeton Review. GW is also proud to be considered one of the more military- and veteran-friendly educational institutions in the U.S. by G.I. Jobs and Military Times Edge.
- Obtain one-of-a-kind experienceThe curriculum for a Juris Doctor degree is designed with the aspiring attorney in mind. The skill set taught at GSPM is much more multifaceted and delves into disciplines for which a J.D. only scratches the surface, including but not limited to fundraising, government relations, issues management, digital strategy and leadership.
No matter where you are in your career pursuits — at the starting gates or at the midpoint — a master’s degree in political management at GW can help you cross the finish line. Apply today!